CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 05, 2015

O Balance, Where Art Thou?

Oh man... Where has the time gone? It is October 5th!!! Life has been uber busy lately and I just keep trying to let the wind take my wings and let them soar, but my wings are getting tired and need a landing. With life being so busy lately, I have really had to start being a lot more organized and disciplined with myself. Because my life is so busy, my body is definitely trying to figure out a balance. I have gotten myself under 200 pounds... woot, woot!!! Yet, my body wants to keep just fluctuating up and down right there. I am at one of those stand stills that my body likes to do every once and awhile. I am hoping my fluctuations will start trending downward soon.

One of the major things I have noticed with life being so crazy is the lack of tracking and being aware of my dietary intake and a decrease in my physical activity. I am seeing the effects of these and realize a couple of things. First, I am human and will have moments, days, even weeks, where the struggle is real. I will not be the perfect Weight Watchers member all of the time. That is one of the reasons I love WW. I have never felt criticized or judged as I step on the scale each week, the opposite has actually happened... my WW leader, Heidi, has been there to support me each week and gives me the proper encouragement I need to keep up my effort and continue to strive for my long term goals. I seriously owe so much to Weight Watchers and Heidi... my life has been and will continue to be blessed by the things they help me to achieve. Secondly, balance is key! I am trying hard to find time to do everything I need to do and am learning to prioritize.

There are some other things that have kept me busy as well... I am currently training for my first 10K on Thanksgiving morning. I am so excited to take this on and cross that finish line! I have even recruited my favorite race buddy to run it with me. With the lack of free time lately, I have not been able to run as much as I would like to, so it has made it a little more challenging getting back in the training groove. My allergies and sinuses have been quite irritated lately and have made training a bit of a struggle, but today was the first day I ran a full two miles without having to stop. I loved every minute of today's run. (Even though it took quite the self pep talk to get out the door! HaHa) I tend to forget how healthy exercise is for my mental state... It is seriously what keeps me sane most of the time.

Come January, I will be working full time and attending school part time. Life is about to get even crazier!!! I will be attending the Salt Lake extension of Utah State University. I will finally be an Aggie! I had plans to attend USU right after graduating high school, but plans fell through and I worked and stayed in the valley instead. I am majoring in Health Education and Promotion. I am so excited to take on this journey and really use my passion for a health to influence the world. I have learned so much about the greatness of living a healthy lifestyle, I now want to share this knowledge with the world. I have ambitions of being able to go to third world countries to help improve the nutrition they are provided. The passion I have to help children grow up healthy and well is so deep. We all deserve a life not chained down by obesity or unhealthy lifestyles. Kids need to be able to be kids and get out and play!!!

Lastly, this summer has brought the most pleasant surprise to my life. I met and wonderful guy named Rob and am lucky enough to still have him in my life today. We met on a dating app called LDSMatchup... or as I like to call it Tinder for Mormons. I am super embarrassed that I did this dating app and met some weird guys on there! I had had it with the crazy guys and was about to delete my profile, when I got a notification that I had a new admire named Robert. I thought he was cute and decided I would like him back, but refused to make any contact, if he wanted to talk, he had to initiate the conversation. Well... he initiated and the rest is history. Remember my last post about my dear friend Bob Ellis and having him send me a man from above? Three days later, I met Rob. Rob has been a wonderful addition to my life and I am enjoying building the relationship we have been forming for the last few months. Being in a relationship has proven to be an adjustment to my lifestyle, as my free time is not as abundant as it used to be. I do consider myself fortunate to have found a guy who is constantly encouraging to reach my goals. Ok... Enough of the gushy stuff... This is a changing lifestyle blog...

This blog is definitely more random than most, I hope to be able to get another good specific post up soon!

Life is a grand blur, but good things are forming from the blur!!! Til next time!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for good stuff things happening to good people!! Way to go on the motivation front!! We love and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete