CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 30, 2010

A ton of bricks lifted...

To start off this post... I would like to pay tribute to my little sis'! I can't believe that she will be graduating from High School on Friday! It amazes me that she is already at that point in life. She had her Seminary Graduation tonight, and boy I think Friday may be a tough day, I was in tears as she walked acrossed the stage/podium, shaking the hands of her Stake Presidency. I am amazed that my sister has accomplished so much! Congrats Katie! I am excited for you!!!


So to explain the title of this post... I must first explain a little bit of my background. About a year ago, I had a very dear friend break my heart, I had fallen head over heels for this guy and even thought that he might be the one. Well one day he had told me that he was dating another girl at the same time and wanted to become more serious with her, so he needed to end all things with me. This had put me into total shock! I don't even remember what was said from either of us after that, except that he had decided that being friends still would be too rough for him at the moment. From that statement, I decided to just break all ties with him, and have even lost some close friends because of it. Well, to sum things up real quick, I moved with my family to his family's ward, but I attend a Student Ward, so I knew I would be safe not to see him. I wanted it that way, I still held on to feeling and knew that if I were to see him, I could either break down crying or become an angry person. I avoided going to church with my family for all reasons and would just sit home by myself while they had their fun. It came that I thought I might have the courage to at least just see him, so I went to a couple of ward functions, but by my luck... he never attended. Well, I started getting updates from my family, who started talking to him at church, and found out he was engaged to the girl he had left me for. This had rubbed the wound with alcohol, I just couldn't believe it, part of me still thought he might realize that he wanted me more than her and come back. So, to end this long tale, we have not talked for eleven months and had intended not to talk for a very long time, if ever. Well, we happened to run into each other at my little sister's Seminary Graduation. Boy!!! was it a relief! I feel like I have mended a lot of wounds just from a five minute chat. He made me feel like he still cared about me as a person, and that I wasn't just some dumb girl he had dumped off to the side of the street. So, to say the least, finally talking to him today, made a ton of bricks lift off my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment