CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 11, 2011

Concert Hungry!!!

Hello again! It has been another week and I am here to blog again....

So today I was listening to my music and had the biggest craving for a concert... I am just dying to go to another concert! For those that don't know... I am a huge concert girl! I love going to concerts, especially alternative rock concerts. I was listening to Plain White T's album "Wonders of The Younger" and really started to miss them! They are going back around for a second time on their tour, but are sadly not coming back to Utah :(  I am really bummed because they were soooo... good in concert. I went to their concert to see the opener Parachute, whom I love, and fell in love with Plain White T's even more! I loved their songs before, but not nearly as much as I do now! I was so impressed at how entertaining they were and what a good show they put on. They were also very personal... after the show they hung out around their merch table while they chatted and took pictures with fans. It was pretty awesome meeting Tom! He is pretty rad!!!
Here I am with Tom...

Luckily a month from now I will be going to a concert that I am looking forward too. I will be seeing A Rocket To The Moon and Runner Runner, two of my favorite bands! I haven't seen ARTTM since they came with Secondhand Serenade in 2008 and am super excited to see them! Runner Runner has become one of my most favorite bands ever... they still don't be Secondhand Serenade, but they come in a close second! Anyways, I am super excited to see them both. In October I won tickets to a private concert from Runner Runner on the radio. There were only about 30 people there and it was sooo.. much fun! They are super amazing with their fans! They really get to know us as friends instead of fans! It has been fun being able to talk to them at and after shows and seeing how they still remember me and others from previous occasions. I think more bands should be like that, but that is why I like small under ground bands! They seem to be more in-tune to their fans and know them better, plus I have never had to pay more than $20 bucks a concert ticket!!! I here people who spend over $75 a piece to see bands and I just choke!!! So small bands it is for me!

Well... that's my rant on concerts and how much I love them... sorry it is so scattered, but heck! It's 11 pm...

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I agree, if you have to pay more than $20 they're not worth seeing! haha! I LOVE small concerts. I used to go to little local band concerts in high school and they were so much fun...and usually free. I haven't been to very many concerts at all, but Ben Kweller came here almost two years ago and the crowd was awesome. I hate going to concerts where the crowd is a bunch of hyped up crazy people. I'd rather have everyone be relaxed just enjoying the show and not rude to everyone else haha. Then after everyone left he brought his 3 year old out on the stage and sang a kids song and played the drums. It was SOOO cute!!! I'd love to go to more shows, just not very easy to do so when you have bitty ones. :D take advantage of the time when you don't have them. I was in St. George during my free time and do you know how many bands go there? None. None worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read over that and I need to clarify: he brought his son out on stage and sang kids songs while his SON played the drums! Haha it was awesome! We have a drum set and I want Nate to learn so bad, but it's at my parents house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to go see PWTS all the time. I had a lot of good memories of them.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete