CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 01, 2011

Festival of Colors!!! A Brand New Addition!

Well I am back... it has been a couple of weeks, but a couple of crazy weeks! I can't believe how busy my one class is keeping me, but man I hate writing paper after paper! To top it all off... Spring is in the air and I want to enjoy it! I think I may have spring fever, but I will be done with school in a month!!! YAY!!!

Last Saturday I had the awesome adventure of going to the Festival of Colors at the Holi Fest in Spanish Fork. I had heard of the festival a couple years ago, but never really wanted to go until this year. I think this is something that should be on everyone's bucket list! It was so much fun! I went with my awesome friends Ashley and Amy from my ward! On a side note, they are awesome girls, and I have been so grateful to be in my ward to have been able to meet friends like them! So the whole process of getting there was quite long, we parked at the fair grounds and decided to take the shuttle because we had to walk 2.5 miles and we didn't know where the temple was from the fair grounds. Well, there was an accident that held back the buses, so we waited forever! When we got on the bus it was really hot and crowded, and the bus took over 30 minutes to go 2.5 miles down the road. I was so sick, I really don't travel well in heat, I get car sick easily. Anyways, since we were all packed in like cattle, there was a girl standing by me that had the worst breath ever! Every time she talked I wanted to puke! She had the breath of dog jerky and it was awful! So let's say that I really hated to bus ride! Once we got to the temple grounds we had a blast! As soon as you get on the grounds people start throwing color on you... I heard the phrase "you are too white." alot and then a blast of color came my way. I had the pleasure of being the first one in my group to be pelted in the face and was unfortunate that nobody warned me and my mouth was open! Yeah, it is was awful tasting and stained my teethed for a little while. So if you go, keep your mouth closed! We went and bought our color bags and went to the field/hill that they do the throwing at every other hour. They had bands playing there that were pretty good, I don't think I would want to be closer and crowd surfing but it was fun to watch people get dropped as they tried to crowd surf. Well 3pm came around and it was time for the throwing, but first they burned a witch. This was very interesting to watch, everyone starting chanting "burn the witch!" and then we saw this huge burst of flame and a fake witch on a pole burning. Then the throwing was called and we all threw colors up in the air. For a few seconds you cannot see anything around you, the color was a huge dust cloud, this is when you learn to hold your breath good... And that was it! We left and waited forever for the buses again and went home. My shower was lovely purple when I was done and my hair still had color in the blond parts for awhile, streaks of purple, pink and green. I think I have that resolved with a little baking soda and the best hair stylist to give me advice. I really enjoyed it! I want to go next year again and hope to have more people in our group!
Here is what I looked like afterwards, sorry my camera died so all I got was a phone picture.

The Shrinking of Carli 

Yesterday in my Weight Watchers meeting we were discussing having a buddy, someone to go through this journey together with! It has been proven to have double the success when you are trying to lose weight, than going alone. Well along with this concept we talked about going public with trying to lose weight. It is important to let everyone around you know that you are losing so that they can be there to support you and can help encourage you along the way because you have now made yourself accountable to all those you tell. So I felt "inspired" yesterday to share more than just how much I am losing, but how I have been doing that week and anything I have learned. So look for these stories along the way, because I will be doing this until I hit my goal weight or longer. I know I have many friends and family that are trying to lose weight as well, and I hope to be a support to them throughout this experience, I have really started to accept this much needed change in me and hope to help others along their way as well. So please! do not be afraid to ask me any questions or tell me something you need to say... My ears are open!

This week has been a tough one for me. I fell off the tracking bandwagon and didn't watch what I was consuming in points as closely as I should have been. I have gotten back on track today, as I know this is the key to weight loss! I need to know what I am consuming and if I am consuming too much. Suprisingly, I lost a good amount of weight still. But I know that it will bite me in the butt if I don't get back on track.

Week 9- I lost 0.4 lbs putting me at a total loss of 18.2 lbs
Week 10- I lost 2.8 lbs putting me at a total loss of 21 lbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment