CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 15, 2011

Why do I love the Artists I do???

I have had many people ask me why I like the bands I like and so I wanted to post about my favorite "Band" of all times, Runner Runner, but let me make it clear that I still like Secondhand Serenade a smidge more, but I don't think of him as a band because I feel in love with John's music when he wrote "Awake" and his voice is the only voice. He did the backups the recording and the producing, all from his bedroom, he is a true artist!

Anyways, sometimes when people ask me who I am going to go see at a concert, they most likely say "I have never heard about them." Which I secretly like, because being underground and not as well known is something I really like. I know that bands need to succeed and do well to continue, but I don't want my bands to turn into bands like Bon Jovi or Green Day or other BIG bands. I want my bands to still appreciate their fans and to be so open to them. So to explain my title... I love artists that are far more concerned about their fans than any amount of money. I love it when I go to a concert and a band knows I am a fan and appreciates me for that. So let me introduce you to Runner Runner... they are the best and most personal band I have ever met!!! I feel like we are all just close friends now and that every time I go to their shows, I am going to see a group of friends perform! They have dedicated this whole musical journey they are taking to their fans, but to them they are not fans... they are friends! I just can't tell you guys how much these guys mean to me... they truly have made a difference in the way I view music and the bands behind them. Hence the reason I have problems with artists(dare I say that, because some don't produce art!!!) like Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Snoop Dogg and many more. I bet you would never catch Lady Gaga out hanging with her fans or out in the crowd when another band is performing, she is "too good" for that. I don't want to bash on other "artist" but I want to show people why I love what I love. I don't want to come across as a music snob, I just want to share my love and passion. You may love whoever you would like but I will always love and look for artists like Runner Runner!!!

Okay enough with my rant... I had a great time at the concert, I feel that me and Katie needed that! It has been far too long since we have done anything together, just us two. There were some really heavy bands that I really had no enjoyment in seeing, it was funny to see those crowd surfing and then have a tragic fall or lose a shoe, not my idea of fun. Even though I didn't enjoy them, Runner Runner and A Rocket To The Moon made up for it. It was fun to see ARTTM again, I haven't seen them seen 2008, far too long!!! They are just as good as then... Let's hope both bands come back soon! Here are some pics from the show...

Ryan, the lead vocals for RR! Sadly, he is engaged... but he wrote the most amazing song for his wife to be... "I Can't Wait." Maybe one day someone will sing this to me...

James, the drummer for RR! I love his "Mad Men" inspired haircut!

John, the bassist for RR! He is so funny, I love how serious his is sometimes!

Nick, the guitarist for RR! He is just super fine! Good eye candy!

Peter, guitarist and vocals for RR! Peter is my favorite! He is just so cute and cuddly.... and that voice just melts you!



Runner Runner Performing

A Rocket To The Moon Performing
 The Shrinking of Carli

This week was pretty good... I can't complain about much! I felt good at the concert because I was able to purchase smaller shirts and while dancing I had to hold onto my pants because they wanted to fall off instead. I feel like this is the first time I have seen my body change since I have started this program. I know some people can see differences, but I haven't till now. I started training for the WW 5K this week and had fun with that. I am excited to do my first 5K, this will be another Bucket List item. I was able to bounce back and get more on track and on target to continue losing. That's it for this week.

Week 12- I lost 2.8 lbs this week. Making my total lose at 23.4 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment