CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 30, 2011

One Accomplishment Down.... Many More To Go!!!

It has been awhile since I have posted... and I have some fun stuff to post. So, now that my computer is virus free... I shall update you on my life the last couple weeks. On Saturday, May 21st, Weight Watchers held a 5K Walk-It Challenge. They really wanted everyone possible to participate in this great event, they want people to become more active. That's the nice thing about Weight Watchers... they don't just tell you to eat right, they also tell you to exercise to look better. I read this quote in my booklet by them that I must share... "Losing weight helps you look good in clothes. Exercise helps you look good naked." I just laughed so hard when I read that, but it is so true! Exercise helps tone your body up... I know we have all seen those who have saggy skin because of drastic weight loss, but I believe it can be better with exercise. Anyways, now that I am done with my rant, I will continue on with my 5K experience. When I heard about the Walk-It Challenge, I knew I wanted to do it! I was looking for some way to get me more active, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. I am one who likes to set goals and go for them... that is how I accomplish things that I want and need. So I got a training guide and trained away 5 days a week for 6 weeks... in the end this is what happened...
I finished the 5K at the fastest time I had so far... now, I did not run it! I didn't feel like I was ready to start running first thing, so I walked at a decent pace the whole time. Next year, my goal is to run the whole entire thing. I always thought I would never be a runner, but I am actually really enjoying a quick run! So let's hope to that! Here are a few more pictures from the 5K... my little brother and dad walked it with me. They have been awesome supporters through my weight loss journey and I have greatly appreciated it!
Just before we started walking.
Me and My Dad walking away.
At the Finish Line with our Certificates.
Well, not much more has happened the last couple of weeks, I feel like I have been more busy since school has been out, and it is kind of killing me. I want to enjoy summer! I want to bask in some sun, enjoy the great stuff Utah has to give outdoors. Most of all, I really want to see if I can get a tan this Summer. My family loves to compare arms and laugh at my whiteness all the time, so I am wanting to spend more time outdoors and see if that helps! Sadly, the weather in Utah right now sucks! Rain, Rain, Rain... and Snow in some parts today! Crazy weather needs to stop! I am ready for the sun!

The Shrinking Of Carli

So the last couple of weeks have been much better! I did the 5K and have continued to exercise when I can. Sadly, I injured my foot at the 5K and have a hard time walking and running, but I did pull out my bike, and have enjoyed riding it! I feel in love with my bike last year, and can't wait to see what more I can do this year with it! I have been eating better. I have been packing my own meals for work and have noticed a difference when I am not eating at the cafeteria... even though IMC has the best hospital cafeteria I have ever experienced! I have had some bad days, but I am finding them fewer and fewer as time goes on. The biggest thing I have noticed recently is how hard it is to lose weight! I really have looked back and seen how hard I am working at this and noticed that when I work the hardest, I see the biggest results! I know I am getting healthier and looking better, but I sure am struggling at the moment. I have really felt down on life and how some things are going at the moment. Some of those that have attended with me or at the same time as me, have started giving up and not doing so well. I feel that this is taking a huge toll on me! I don't feel that I have the same support system that I used to... I kind of feel lost at the moment, but then yesterday... out of nowhere I snapped! I realized I could do this, and the only one that could change it for myself was me! I realized I had the will power to say no to those bad things and to go to the good things! I was at a point that I knew that I could continue on and do well... so here I am, starting with a new drive! I deserve this, I deserve a good life, a happy life! The only way I am going to be happy is myself! I will never receive full happiness from others... I have to be happy with myself first! So here is my promise to myself. I will strive to better myself and be happy with myself at all times! This I shall work on!

Week 17- I lost 1.2 lbs this week. I have lost 29.4 lbs total!
Week 18- I lost 0.8 lbs this week. I have lost 30.2 lbs total!

1 comment:

  1. Well I hope you walked a couple miles for me while you were out there!!! jk!!! Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete