CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 01, 2011

A Change Is Coming My Way...

Hello all! So I mentioned last week that I was going to post about all the changes, so here I am blogging about change in my life.
So as most of you have heard, they made HUGE changes to the Young Single Adult wards in the Salt Lake Valley and they took affect today. I am now part of the Magna YSA Ward in the Taylorsville YSA Stake. My ward consist of my home stake and all the Magna Stakes. This is a hard change for me! I have grown to love my ward that I have been in (Hunter YSA), I have loved getting to know the people in this ward, and I had a Bishopbric that knew me personally and I loved it. I felt like I belonged in the ward, people knew me and I knew them. Well, lets just say that I have the opposite feeling at the moment... I went to Stake Conference and had an overwhelming feeling like I was swimming in a sea of craziness. The ward I am in now is really big and REALLY young. At almost 23, I felt old! We filled up the whole gym just for an open house mingle. So my initial reaction is thinking that this is going to be just like the student ward I was in. I was in that ward for 2 years and still got asked on my last week there if I was new to the ward. I hated that feeling and I fear it again. I know that the church is still true either way, so I will tough it out and see what happens. My testimony is still strong and I am still grateful for the gospel in my life. I will just continue to push my self to be outgoing and enjoy life and what it has in store.
There are also many other changes happening, and I am kinda done with change. I like change, but not all at once.The way my work schedule is being done is changing to being on the computer instead of someone doing it and I don't know how I feel about it because it may not always work with my school schedule. This makes me nervous as school is important to me, as I am achieving my ultimate goal through it. So let's hope that works for me. There is also my weight change that I get anxious about at times, I want to look good, but sometimes I struggle to be patient enough to wait for those changes. Life is just fun at the moment. I feel like I am on a roller coaster. So to end this post, I want to share with you one of my favorite quotes. "Life is like a roller coaster, so hop on, buckle up, and enjoy the ride!"
Can we say that this looks abosolutely awesome!!! I want to ride this roller coaster one day!
The Shrinking of Carli
This week was a good week. I felt good about what I did. I am still training for my 5K and I am starting to look forward to my walks more and more each day! I have grown to love "working out!" Let me reassure you that I still hate the gym, but I have found many other fun ways to work out. I love playing volleyball each week, taking walks, playing basketball(which I am horrible at  and will only play with my brother so only one person with laugh at me) and other things. I have come to a conclusion that I will never accomplish anything in a gym, but I will accomplish things why I find them fun! So this week I hit another milestone on my weight lose journey, I have officially lost more than 25 lbs since January! This is awesome! I just have 1 lb to go until I have lost 10% of my body weight from start. I am hoping to reach that this next week, so hopefully I will have some good news in a week. It will be a great week!

Week 14- I lost 1.2 lbs this week! My total amount lost is 26 lbs even!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah went to the new organized singles ward and she's not too excited about it either, but you have to remember they did it for a reason and something good will come out of it. That's what I always get told anyways;)

    ReplyDelete